Thursday, March 26, 2015

Beginning the Journey


If you are here, thank you for braving this journey with me. I have walked some pretty amazing (and some terribly crazy) roads. Hang on, and I will share some of the potholes and detours with you  .  But, first, let me tell you

I have never walked alone.


I grasped and held onto one vital truth at a very early age: I am desperate for Jesus. I held this truth in my heart from the time when, as a preschooler attending a church meeting in our neighbors' basement down the road, while the adults around me were praying, my heart was touched for the very first time by His Holy Presence.

As we walked home that evening, my Aunt Pat questioned me, "Why were you crying, Carol?" I said it was because I wanted to pray, and she told me I could talk to God at any time. I did.

It was the start of a relationship with a loving God who walked with me and has continued to walk with me to this very day.

I will be 62 in a dozen days. The only foundational principle of life of which I am absolutely sure is this: all that is satisfying and all that completes me in this life comes through knowing Jesus Christ in a personal relationship,

and relationship is what He desires to have with each of us. 


This salvation was something even the prophets wanted to know more about when they prophesied about this gracious salvation prepared for you. They wondered what time or situation the Spirit of Christ within them was talking about when he told them in advance about Christ's suffering and his great glory afterward. They were told that their messages were not for themselves, but for you. And now this Good News has been announced to you by those who preached in the power of the Holy Spirit sent from heaven.  It is all so wonderful that even the angels are eagerly watching these things happen.  I Peter 1: 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment